dimanche 6 mars 2011

A bit of history first.

Greetings, I'm Moa Dragon, and in this blog I shall attempt to tell about my attempts about remaking Ultima IX.

As some of you may be aware, Ultima IX was a complete disaster of a game. However, believe it or not, on the paper, it had the potential to be excessively awesome. Attempts were made, led by me to remake the game. First as a one man project using RPGMaker, then as a team, using Neverwinter NIghts. Those attempts failed.

I still fill bitter about it. Some people asked me if they could pick up the project. Being bitter, I somehow refused although the idea of an Ultima IX remake technically doesn't belong anyone. I guess I was senselessly proud, and I present apologies to everyone.

Over the last years, things have happened. I got a life. I still am in love with games, but have less times to play. I am writing my first novel, and I am extremely busy in lots of other places. Although I am mostly a retrogamer, I still keep up with the times and am enjoying these days, Fallout New Vegas. A very rare game, for it is an RPG that isn't dumbed down.

It took years for Lazarus to be done. It took years for the U6 Project to get done. Well, okay, we'll take years remaking Ultima IX too. We aren't in a rush after all.

Let's complete this shit.

One thing of note : I do not consider the current remake of Ultima IX MY project. As I write today, I am the only one working on it. The reason for this start, was to, well, light the fire.

There is one thing for certain : THIS REMAKE WILL NOT EVER BE COMPLETED IF PEOPLE DO NOT JOIN AND CONTRIUBUTE. I want this Ultima IX remake project to be opened to all contributions, and to be a collaborative effort. I am even considering putting the sources and modules public to everyone as I work on it. This will go on if other team members, WHO WOULD JOIN (please join! pleeaaase :( ) agree to do so.

Yes I said module. We (okay, I, for now) are using Neverwinter Nights 2.

More on that... immediately.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire